The department of Medical Oncology at Sir Ganga Ram City Hospital is a centre of excellence. The department has a successful record of innovation in nursing care and pioneering new treatment.
The department provides extensive in-patient, day-care and outpatient facilities for all types of cancers, offering a full range of specialist services from critical care to rehabilitation.
Our priorities are to:
- Provide an evidence-based high quality & focussed approach to cancer care responsible for the needs of patients and their families.
- Invest in new services, facilities & equipment as part of an ongoing modernization programme.
- Develop innovative programmes in cancer research for the benefit of the nation.
- Recruit, retain & invest in the professional development of high caliber staff.
- Ensure financial viability and the efficient use of resources.
- Chemotherapy of solid tumours
- Chemotherapy of haematological malignancies
- Immunotherapy and targeted therapy of solid tumour and haematological malignancies including Interleukin, herceptin, Avastin & Mabthera
- Diagnostic tests
- Day care chemotherapy
- Chemoport insertion
- Bone marrow & stem cell transplantation